Thursday, June 17, 2004

My true thoughts on Ronald Reagan

My recent post on Ronald Reagan's funeral may have implied some sympathy for the man. To counter that suggestion - & prompted by my note on the latest issue of sidereality  below – let me just excerpt this from a poem of mine that appeared in the last issue.
Terminator Arnie's one-man army
is on the march to Sacramento, the victory celebrations
compered by a talkshow host. Maybe
the whole set-up is the lead-in
to another Jay Leno one-liner. The comparisons
are with Reagan, but he was just a fuckwit
puppet. It's Jesse The Body Ventura
who’s got a lot to answer for.
Or any excerpt from J.G.Ballard's wonderful 1968 piece Why I want to fuck Ronald Reagan. I'll content myself with just one.
In assembly kit tests Reagan's face was uniformly perceived as a penile erection. Patients were encouraged to devise the optimum sex-death of Ronald Reagan.

1 comment:

harry k stammer said...

last week was pure hell... mindless idiots passing by and worshipping a flag drapped wooden box, backnforth from Simi Valley to D.C.. Augustus, Tiberius... Claudius made into gods - i have my Reagan bobble head in my arms now, "please save me, oh lord Ronny."

hks