Saturday, September 11, 2004

Concerning Godzilla

Dear Jean

I agree with you that it's a shame about Godzilla. At first glance it appears to be some sort of sellout on the beast's part.

But then I got to thinking. Have you ever seen Dick Cheney & the big G. together? In the same place? At the same time?

At least Mothra still appears to be upholding the ethical standards now understandably prevalent throughout the post-Bikini Pacific. Last time I saw her she was on the beach with a lei & a ukelele, doing some sort of cowboy swing number. Not a politician in sight. (Though I must admit that there wasn't much beach left as the globally-warmed waters rose higher. It's a bit of a paradox, fossil fuel accomplishing what nuclear fission never did.)

Best wishes
Mark

p.s. I saw J.G.Ballard swimming in the lagoons of Truk atoll.

1 comment:

Jean Vengua said...

Sounds like Mothra may be having too good of a time on that island to come flying to our aid. Oh well...

j.