Monday, January 31, 2005

the mid-evening news

The highest wind gust yesterday was officially recorded at 94kph.

It's going to cost us just over $1000 to get the damaged trees trimmed & fixed up.

A broken branch at the local zoo fell on the monkey cage . Two monkeys escaped, but because they were so unused to freedom they just hung around until their keepers came for them.

I am glad so many Iraqis voted. I am sad the U.S. say they have no intention of leaving.

Condoleezza Rice talks in clichés. She'll go far. I notice there's a website advocating her as the Republican Presidential candidate for 2008.

One of the reasons I don't like either George W. Bush or Tony Blair is because their eyes are set too close together. Seen one after another on tv I start thinking I am watching Wind in the Willows.

Mole? Or Badger?

My tooth is hurting again. Glad it's coming out on Wednesday.

No comments: