Thursday, January 12, 2006

THE FUMIGATOR

was meant to
pay their annual visit
today. Cancelled. A BIG
TERMITE JOB IN MT
MORGAN. I wonder
what it is, have visions
of termites EATING
UP THE HOUSE. The
phrase spins around
in my brain. Heat up
pasta for lunch
settle down to EAT UP
big & watch TV. But.
Crap crap crap crap crap
EATING UP THE HOUSE.
So no TV. Silence except
for EATING shifting
from a Streisand song
to rap rap rap rap. EATIN'
UP DAH HOUSE. I break
my way outside. Kooka-
burra on the clothesline.
EATING UP THE HOUSE
I say to it with my
rap inflexion perfected by
rap-petition. Pervert
infliction scoffs the cat
who has one eye on the bird
& the other on the main
chance in the shape of a
lizard. The bird is silent
until I turn to go in-
side. WHO LET THE DOG
OUT. UH UH adds the cat.

No comments: